IAMAW LOCAL LODGE 100
The IAMAW Local Lodge 100 is a membership of 200 men and women
that provide Water and Sewer services to the city of Boston.
The membership is represented by
4 Executive Board members elected out of the local.
The membership is also serviced by 2 Shop Stewards,
3 Trustees and 1 District Business Representative.
The IAM is a large and diverse organization, representing 720,000 members across North America. Each member makes a significant contribution to the success of the union. The mission of the IAM Headquarters is to help individual members realize that potential. The departments of the IAM mirror the diversity of the members that form the union.
GOALS OF THE IAM
- Cost-of-living raises so that wage rates rise with living costs.
- Increased purchasing power to provide a higher standard of living.
- Paid sick leave and life insurance for workers; employer-paid hospital,
medical, dental and eye care benefits for workers and their families.
- Equal pay for equal work regardless of sex, race, or national origin.
- A safe, healthy workplace.
- Shorter work week with double time for voluntary overtime.
- Restrictions on subcontracting. Employer-paid insurance for worn, broken, or stolen tools.
- Joint apprentice training and retraining on the job.
- Portable pensions with optional early retirement benefits.
- Severance pay and supplemental unemployment benefits.
- Union Shop.